Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nursing Station

If you're going to be sitting imobile for long periods of time nursing a baby then its important to have everything you need right at your fingertips. Here's a picture of my nursing station that I've set up at one end of the sofa. Having everything organized in one place and within arms reach has saved my sanity many, many times and has made nursing the baby a pleasant and relaxing experience.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The table top contains a basket with lotions, lansinoh, chapstick, and hand sanitizer. I also always have a big container of water and usually a small glass of juice to keep hydrated. Next to it are a book to read and a journal to write in when the inspiration hits. The Medela breast pump is there for times when I need to pump milk - usually in the middle of the night when baby is not very hungry.

In the drawer I have remote controls for the TV and DVD player, my iPod Nano (where I listen to music and Dave Ramsey podcasts), and several energy bars in case I get hungry and have no time to make something in the kitchen. I also have a night mask napping during the day (the baby has a portable bed in the living room).

Last, but not least is the Boppy pillow!

The only thing missing is the cordless telephone which usually hangs out there during the day, but goes into its cradle at night.

No comments: