When I have a free moment, I chop a whole head at once and leave it in the fridge for quick use. It's a cheap and easy way to get some veggies into my diet in the middle of hectic newborn care.
Monday, January 8, 2007
Grocery Shopping and chopping
Today was my first trip out to get groceries since the baby was born. I kept it simple and just bought a few fresh vegetables to supplement my stocked up pantry. Around here, cabbage is a definite staple. I use it on tacos and in salads and toss it into soups and stirfrys. I've found that Newman's Own Seasame Ginger dressing paired with cabbage makes a perfect asian inspired salad. Compared to lettuce, cabbage lasts longer, has more nutrients, and a lot more crunch.
When I have a free moment, I chop a whole head at once and leave it in the fridge for quick use. It's a cheap and easy way to get some veggies into my diet in the middle of hectic newborn care.
When I have a free moment, I chop a whole head at once and leave it in the fridge for quick use. It's a cheap and easy way to get some veggies into my diet in the middle of hectic newborn care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment